Director of BI Analytics at TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
TaskRabbit is on a mission to have everyone live a smarter, more fulfilling life by once again relying on their neighbors. We're the pioneers of service networking — it's like social networking, except instead of tagging embarrassing photos of each other, arguing about politics, or putting a baby photo where a profile snapshot should be, our members help each other save time and earn some money.
We’ve already raised $25 million through investors including Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, FLOODGATE FUND, LightSpeed Venture Partners, and Shasta Ventures. We’re building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done through the melding of social, location-based, and mobile technologies. We're getting down and/or dirty with social graph analysis and analytics-driven optimization, with an eye toward user experience that's both pleasant and frictionless, like a Slip 'n' Slide doused in baby oil.
We’re a mission-driven business and our culture is fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded people who believe in moving the economy to a more collaborative place — and having a ton of fun while they’re at it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Data Analyst, you will help TaskRabbit make the right choices. Are we launching in the right cities? Are we making our products as easy to use as possible? You will use your finely tuned analytical mind to work across all of our departments to dig deep and discover the insights we need to continue to grow as fast as we have been. Your day-to-day work will encompass both working with other teams to help with their investigations, but also working on your own to mine our data to discover new trends and insights. You will report directly to the VP of Technology.
- Create and manage the Company's weekly dashboards (company-wide, management team, groups, etc.). This requires being the thought-leader and partnering with the relevant constituencies — having the judgment to know what metrics should be measured (based on the constituent), knowing what data can be obtained and analyzed, and coming up with a final dashboard that meets the business needs. You are seen as the internal "data guru" who can take complex data sets and present them in a way that is simple to understand and actionable.
- Work with Product & Technology on data requirements. You work closely with the product and technology teams to represent the data needs of the company as we build out our products. This requires you to have the judgment to know what data we should track, how we should track it and how it should be accessible to the teams. Finding the delicate balance between what we should and should not track is critical.
- Ad hoc analytics projects. As a growing company, our data needs will grow depending on how the business grows. You will be able to serve as an analytical resource whether it's evaluating external data for new opportunities, projecting future performance for new products, or analyzing performance of recently launched products. You will be seen as a thought leader in making sure we accurately measure how we're doing.
- Data extraction. Bonus points if you are able to extract the data yourself from our databases without the need for other engineering help.
- Experience. You've got 4+ years of BI experience.
- Numbers. You love numbers. You can't live without them.
- Data analysis, visualization and presentation. You have the ability to know what data to analyze, can accurately analyze the data and present it in a coherent, simple manner.
- Judgment. You have sound business and technical judgment so that you can make the call on business and technical decisions.
- SQL. You have the skills.
- Organization. You are organized in your work.
- Communication. You have exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive. You are proactive and take the initiative.
- Innovative. You figure out ways to make things happen even if you don't have everything you need/want.
- Flexible. You're able to switch gears as needed.
In addition to working with the smartest team of entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors on the planet, TaskRabbit team members get a ton of perks:
Moola: Cash comp paired with equity — we are looking for the best and will pay them accordingly.
Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced progressive company is yours for the taking.
Tasks: A monthly Task stipend, which is sort of like having your own 24/7 concierge army.
Benefits: Great health coverage, a flexible spending account, 401k plans, and regular lunches on the company’s dime.
Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events — we call it Learnch — along with in-office mentoring opportunities and access to the TaskRabbit library.
Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully stocked kitchens and a game room.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to our careers page. Tell us why you think working at TaskRabbit is the perfect job for you!