Director, Advertising Sales at Tapjoy in New York, NY
Director, Advertising Sales at Tapjoy in New York, New York
Tapjoy is the leader in discovery, engagement and monetization services for mobile applications. The company’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users, drive engagement within their applications, and create incremental income by providing an ad-funded payment method. The Tapjoy network spans over 20,000 apps and 500 million global consumers on iOS, Android and emerging mobile platforms, delivering more than 1.5 million advertising completions per day to app developers and big brand advertisers. Tapjoy is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Silicon Valley, London and Tokyo. Investors include InterWest Capital, North Bridge Venture Partners, D.E. Shaw Ventures, Rho Ventures and J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
We are searching to find an experienced and accomplished sales professional to drive new revenue in the Online Media/Advertising space. This individual contributor will be responsible for closing new business with Advertisers, Ad Agencies, and Ad Networks. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
- Identify and close new sales opportunities; meet or exceed target sales goals
- Plan, prepare, and execute high impact meetings with prospects and partners
- Identify and develop a strong understanding of core objectives and challenges
- Maximize revenue growth within existing accounts/territory
- Adopt the corporate selling methodology
- Contribute strategically to the growth and direction of Tapjoy's products and services
- Represent Tapjoy at industry events and conferences
- Accurately forecast revenue growth; achieve revenue goals as defined by management
- Execute in a fast-paced, team environment
- A record of selling success for 5-10 years working in online advertising sales or affiliate marketing
- Ideal candidate will have Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience and/or experience selling video inventory
- Experience with performance-based online advertising is ideal
- An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Sales, or Advertising is ideal
- A commitment to providing positive customer service and following-through to close deals and build relationships
- Proficiency with salesforce.com and MS Office
So...why would you want to work for Tapjoy?
The real question is...why wouldn't you?
- We are a small company doing very big things (220M devices on our network and growing)
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems - and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We've done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go - and now we need your help to get there