Innovate for Good, Member Services Assistant at TakingITGlobal in Toronto, ON...
TakingITGlobal is an international organization lead by youth, empowered by technology. TakingITGlobal (TIG) connects youth from around the world to find inspiration, information and get involved in improving their local, regional and global communities.
TakingITGlobal’s mission is to provide opportunities for learning, capacity building, cross-cultural awareness, and self-development through the use of Information and Communication Technologies. Its key strategic initiatives include; providing a virtual space for cross-cultural expression, dialogue, networking and collaboration among youth, supporting youth action and understanding around global issues, developing rich interactive, global education experiences, and facilitating the development of local content, multilingualism and skills training.
TakingITGlobal has approximately 20 staff based in Toronto and an additional 20 staff who work part-time in different parts of Canada and around the world as well as hundreds of volunteers. Supporters include Canadian Heritage, Microsoft, Adobe Youth Foundation.
· Respond to e-mails from members of the Innovate for Good online community.
· Proofread and edit community-wide emails.
· Drafting and sending direct personal emails as well as providing comments to ideas posted and reactions to blogs/discussions with I4G members to maintain a high level of engagement online.
· Assist with promoting opportunities for I4G members to become more engaged including applications for the Community Animator positions and member recognition badges.
· Maintain and add content to Innovate for Good website via the user- friendly admin system.
· Drafting and posting a collection of community highlights on discussion boards once weekly.
· Prepare packages and promotional materials to be sent
· Organizing member contact information and community segmentations
· Assist in organizing online community events
We are looking for someone who is able to commit 20-24 hours per week.
· Complete High School or Early College education
· Detail oriented and well organized
· Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
· Understanding of the nonprofit sector
· Understanding of incubators and support ecosystems for social entrepreneurship
· Significant interest in youth-related issues and experience working with young people from a wide variety of cultures.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer).
· Willingness to learn new things and eagerness to acquire new skills
· High level of internet literacy and understanding of online communities
· TakingITGlobal is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
• Significant interest in youth-related issues and experience working with young people from a wide variety of cultures
• Fluency in languages other than English
• Experience working and/or volunteering in the non-profit sector
• International work or volunteer experience
Application screening will be conducted on an ongoing basis and with the start date on September 3rd, 2013. For additional details or if you have any questions, direct them to:
Contact: Human Resources
(include the title of the position in the subject of the e-mail)
Mail: 19 Duncan Street, Suite 505, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 3H1, Canada
For Inquiries: 416-977-9363
Please electronically mail your cover letter and resume and include the title of the position in the subject line of your email and let us know how you heard about the position. Please do not mail or personally submit resumes, as we are a small organization and do not have the capacity to respond.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, due to the volume of applications and inquiries we receive; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.