Global Education Program Coordinator at TakingITGlobal in Toronto, ON, Canada
TakingITGlobal is looking for a Global Education Program Coordinator to join our vibrant team in Toronto. This full-time employment opportunity is perfect for someone with a background in education, ideally with teaching experience in the classroom, who is passionate about helping students have a voice and strengthen their competencies in the areas of global citizenship, technology literacy and environmental stewardship.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and problem-solver who is well-organized and enjoys rising to challenges. The position involves a range of responsibilities from engaging an online community of educators in collaborative projects, delivering workshops and webinars at conferences and events, administering enrollment of PD courses, drafting proposals, producing blogs, spearheading program outreach, tracking key performance indicators and implementing multiple concurrent global education projects!
Why work at TakingITGlobal?
- Have an impact! TakingITGlobal's programs reached millions of users last year, empowering young people in over 200 countries to express themselves, develop understanding, and take action to address social issues in their communities and around the world.
- Expand your horizons! TakingITGlobal has a strong international reputation within the non-profit, government, and corporate sectors. TakingITGlobal's collaborative nature means employees grow a solid professional network and gain high-level experience that can be applied to a variety of professional contexts.
- Be part of a vibrant team! TakingITGlobal is a open, collaborative environment recognized as a WorldBlu Democratic Workplace and committed to fun wellness activites. Although headquartered in Toronto, TIG is an international organization and you'll have the opportunity to be inspired by partners and team members from all over the world!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the TIGed.org educator community and virtual classroom platform, ensuring timely response to all e-mail and phone inquiries, and collaborate with the technology team to support improvements and innovations based on user experiences and feedback
- Assist educators who are new members to TIGed (via online chat an in-person workshops and meetings), helping them identify resources or programs that best meet their needs, and provide basic technical support on the use of our platform
- Support registration in our Professional Development e-courses, process purchase requests, and ensure survey data is collected and analyzed before and after each course cycle.
Marketing & Outreach
- Propose and conduct workshops, webinars, and presentations at a variety of in-person and online events to drive awareness and adoption of TIGed's programs and resources. Secure partnerships with key events for in-kind exhibition opportunities.
- Manage TIGed's Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) and develop online marketing campaigns and partnerships to grow participation in TIGed's community and purchases of professional development offerings.
- Write and curate content on a regular basis to showcase impact stories and project milestones for the TIGed Newsletter, promotional materials, annual and project reports, and external publications.
Project & Partnership Management
- Manage the on-boarding and successful closure of global education projects and partnerships developed by TakingITGlobal.
- Produce and update project documentation, including project charters, key performance indicators (KPIs), and meeting notes.
- Identify and support proposal development for grant and sales opportunities across global education program
- Passion for education: You want to create positive change in classrooms across the globe.
- Knowledge in the field: You have a teaching certification or a degree in education with some classroom experience.
- Commitment to collaboration: You are keen to cultivate and expand partnerships to achieve goals with others.
- Potential for growth: You have helped amplify the impact of successful programs and want to take on new challenges.
- Tech-savvy: Your friends look to you for advice and tips on the latest technology tools and trends.
- Ready to pitch: You are excited about sharing our offerings and securing new opportunities around the world.
- Parlez-vous Francais? Our programs run in 13 languages, so fluency in languages other than English is a plus!
- What's on your trophy case? We'd love to know about any special achievements or recognition you've received.
- How many stamps in your passport? Experience travelling to other regions of the world is something we value.
This position is offered on an initial 12-month basis with possibility of renewal. Our ideal start date is early August 2013.
We are looking for someone who is able to commit at least 40 hours per week, working 5 days per week at the TakingITGlobal office in downtown Toronto. Excited about connecting with others across the education field? We've often involved in professional conferences and exclusive events on evenings and weekends, and sometimes in other cities or countries, so this is more than a typical 9-5, in office job!
Application screening will be conducted on an ongoing basis. Please electronically submit a resume and cover letter at your earliest convenience via the JobScore platform. TakingITGlobal is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.