PopSugar Associate Editor at POPSUGAR in New York, NY
Sugar Inc. is looking for the ultimate celebrity news, entertainment, and pop culture junkie to join our PopSugar team as an associate editor in our New York office. If you start your day by reading celebrity news and photo sites, follow your favorite stars' every move on social media, are the go-to source for debunking celebrity rumors among your friends, and have a top-five list of dream celebrity interviews, we'd love to meet you.
- Research, write, and produce multiple posts each day for PopSugar
- Search, select, and edit large galleries of images to accompany stories
- Constantly monitor celebrity and pop culture news
- Collaborate with other PopSugar team members on daily content as well as larger projects
- Contribute to audience and traffic growth through social media and other marketing activities
- Attend and report on events as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field (required)
- Strong interest in and grasp of the celebrity news, entertainment, and pop culture arena
- Strong knowledge of online media and social media
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to turn around tight, witty, accurate copy while meeting daily deadlines
- HTML and intermediate to advanced Photoshop skills strongly preferred
This job is full-time and on-site in our NYC office.