Web Application Software Engineer at StreamSend in Sacramento, CA
Seeking a passionate, competent web application engineer who wants to apply cutting edge technology and processes. If you're interested in learning Ruby on Rails or refining your Rails skills using test-driven development (TDD), pair programming and other Agile processes then this is the job for you.
You should be experienced building modern web apps using an object oriented language like Ruby, Python, Java or C#. You should be ready to play a part in all the phases of application development from working with the product owner on acceptance scenarios to eventually deploying the user story you designed and developed.
Our engineering team emphasizes collaboration and teamwork. Here are some of the ways you will spend your time:
- Collaborating on story elaboration
- Collaborating on incremental system design
- Collaborating on incremental data design and migration
- Collaborating on unit and functional testing
- Collaborating on coding of the StreamSend product (often pair programming)
- Supporting the IT department in operating the product
- Contributing to ongoing product planning and story estimation
Of course, each person brings their own contribution. Here are some contributions you could give:
- Collaborate on architecture of entirely new portions of the product
- Locate and remediate application performance bottlenecks at all layers of the application architecture
- Design and implement elegant web-based user interfaces
- Suggest and discuss appropriate refactorings
- Help refine the StreamSend software delivery process
- Mentor teammates in some particular area of expertise
- Design elegant web services
Our Technology: Our flagship product, StreamSend, is implemented in Ruby on Rails and MySQL and deployed on CentOS. We use Macs for development and Google Apps for collaboration. Most of us prefer to write code using vim.
Our Environment: We are located in downtown Sacramento with convenient access to light rail. We work in an open team room when we are together and make good use of tools like iChat, Skype and Remote Desktop when we need to telecommute.