Senior Web Application Engineer (SF) at StreamSend in San Francisco, CA
Do you love the sight of well-crafted code?
Do you spend pub night debating the self-organizing properties of your team?
Are you itching for an opportunity to work with smart, capable coworkers enabling a thriving SaaS offering?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then we want to hear from you.
StreamSend is looking for a passionate, capable Web Application Engineer to join our team. If you were here today you'd be TDD'ing new features for our email marketing application, helping plan the next iteration or release, and working with our support staff to keep the business humming. You might be working remotely or in our San Francisco or Sacramento offices.
StreamSend is built on Ruby on Rails. Already up-to-speed with Rails? Perfect. If you aren't and want to learn we will take your existing web application knowledge and help you become effective in Ruby on Rails.
If you live outside the Sacramento or San Francisco areas, we will consider relocation arrangements.
- Develop amazing new features and functionality
- Help make StreamSend awesome!
- 3+ years experience building web applications
- Experience with test frameworks like RSpec or Test::Unit
- Knowledge of relational database design and SQL
- Comfort using version control systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux
- Self-motivated, self-managed, able to work remotely
- Design patterns expertise, esp. MVC
- Algorithms expertise
- MySQL development and/or administration experience
- Web application profiling and tuning experience
- Strong refactoring abilities
- Web service, particularly, REST experience
- Multi-skilled (have played analyst, tester, product owner roles, for example)
- Scrum, XP or other agile process experience
More information at http://www.streamsend.com/about_us.htm
We are serious about filling this position. Every applicant will receive a response within two business days.