Nurse Case Manager – USSOCOM (Fayetteville, NC) at Streamline Defense in Faye...
Nurse Case Manager – US Special Operations Command (Fayetteville, NC)
The USSOCOM Preservation of the Force and Family (POTFF)’s mission is to build and implement a superior holistic approach to address pressures on the force. The mission is accomplished by increasing the physical capacity of the Special Operations Forces (SOF) Tactical Athletes over their careers, decrease the rate of injuries from all causes, and significantly accelerate return to duty times. The programs end state is to prepare preserve, sustain and ultimately multiply USSOCOM’s combat power by application of integrated inter-disciplinary personal services teams. The POTFF will identify and implement innovative, persistent and valuable solutions across the USSOCOM enterprise aimed at tangibly improving career-long occupational capacity, enduring health and ability to remain highly resistant to extreme combat and inter-deployment stress. Additionally, as part of the POTFF Charter, USSOCOM is implementing a set of initiatives designed to enhance the resilience and well-being of SOF and their families throughout the USSOCOM enterprise. These initiatives are primarily preventive in nature and are intended to reduce incidences of behavioral health problems throughout the force. The POTFF initiative consists of five primary lines of efforts (LoE): Human Performance (HP), Behavioral Health, Spiritual Enhancement, Personnel Operational Tempo (PERSTEMPO) management and Family Programs.
The overall purpose of this program solution is to provide a Resiliency Program with the support necessary to accomplish the aforementioned mission and associated tasks related to the Behavioral Health. The overarching objective of this requirement is to provide the resources needed to increase the resilience of SOF Warriors. This will be accomplished by providing state-of-the-art, professional services in behavioral health care. Behavioral health programs include, but are not limited to, the following individual and group counseling; skills building psycho-educational programs, intensive case management, and other activities that support the psychological wellness of SOF.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for following work plans and schedules, and utilizing resources as necessary to complete tasks in accordance with designated milestones. They will assist in providing the full range of behavioral health services and therapies to the individual SOF Warriors.
• Will have demonstrated skill in making diagnosis and in choosing, initiating, and modifying selected therapies in order to assist patients to optimize their level of function and self-care.
• Will possess demonstrated knowledge of patient education principles and management of complex medical, psychosocial, and financial problems in order to enhance patient adherence to individualized treatment plans and train peers and staff.
• Will possess demonstrated Knowledge of Case Management Society of America (CMSA) case management standards and ethics, Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) case management organizational standards, and Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) case management standards. Will possess the ability to seek feedback from peers, professional colleagues, clients, and outcomes research, in order to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
• Will have the skills to effectively consult with health care providers at all levels and negotiate with outside providers for services and products in order to obtain client services and support.
• Must currently hold or be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
• May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
• Will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Communication - Oral and written communication skills in order to meaningfully interact with peers, outside agencies, vendors, providers, and Military Health System (MHS) stakeholders to exchange information, provide briefings, presentations, research, and metrics to demonstrate or advance effective, efficient case management practice, outcomes, and organizational/MHS value
• Communication - Skill in team coordination, facilitation, and communication in order to facilitate the exchange of information/ education, enhance goal achievement, augment abilities of client support network, and effect change in system or policy at any level.
• Management/Leadership/Professional Performance - Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations, professional code of ethics, and practice standards in order to ensure adherence within legal and professional parameters.
• Quality Improvement - Knowledge and skill in using pre-established utilization review criteria recognize and report actual or potential quality and risk management issues in order to improve practice and ensure compliance.
• Quality Improvement - Knowledge and skills in the use of VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guidelines in order to insure an evidence-based standardized process of care to military beneficiaries
• Finance - Knowledge of the healthcare financial environment and the fiscal dimension of population health in order to ensure optimal stewardship of resources
• Research - Skill in use of research tools in order to critically evaluate existing practices, opportunities, and outcomes
• Research/Informatics – Skill in management of information systems and technology in order to manage individual or population health, continuously improve practice, and effectively communicate practice outcomes to involved stakeholders.
• Informatics - Knowledge of computers and software applications in order to conduct data collection, tracking, rending, and analysis. Informatics - Ability to design and present computer-generated outcome analysis information in order to provide timely, effective peer and higher level educational programs or project briefings.
• Nursing - Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use in order to gauge their effect on patients and their recovery.
• Knowledge of community resources, patient entitlement/benefit eligibility, and ability to access these resources in order to assist patients/families in optimizing their level of function and self-care. Knowledge of current third party regulations and policies, with special emphasis on TRICARE and Medicare benefits and services, in order to identify alternative financing sources to which DOD beneficiaries may be entitled.
• Previous experience within the military Special Operations Forces community.
• Some CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required.
Streamline Defense offers perspective employees an unmatched opportunity to grow and learn in an exciting and entrepreneurial environment. Highly motivated individuals will find a culture that values their individual input and compensates them well for their efforts. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.streamlinedefense.com to learn more!