You will need to be familiar with Backbone.js, Underscore.js, Common.js, Node.js, Require.js, Handlebar templates. Familiarity with Ruby, Rails and HAML is a plus but not necessary. We value people who can learn new technologies and concepts fast. You'll also need to enjoy working and living in sunny San Diego and on new innovative and challenging projects.
- Write well-tested, maintainable code
- Identify and fix performance issues
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Pro-actively look for ways to make StockTwits better for users
- B.S. or higher in Computer science or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web and mobile applications
- Experience in web or mobile performance and optimization
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- Enjoy working on innovative new technologies
- Experience with A/B testing
- Hybrid mobile app development
- Experience in data analytics
- Demonstrated contributions to open-source software
- Active user of StockTwits
- Interested in stock trading and or finance
- Ruby or Ruby on Rails experience
This position is for full-time candidates who want to be part of the team in our office in Coronado (just outside downtown San Diego).
Relocation assistance will be considered for top candidates – great opportunity to be part of a dynamic, hard charging team in America’s Finest City (bikes are frequently parked in the office and we have a great deck).
To apply please submit your resume along with a cover letter or email highlighting relevant projects, experience and just a thought or two on why you want to join our team.
More About StockTwits
With offices in San Diego (Coronado) and New York, StockTwits is the only social media platform for the investor community to share real-time information, discover relevant content, and connect with a global network of financial influencers. It provides a specialized environment created specifically for investors where users can customize information and network based on interests and investments, and tap into instant financial news and reactions to market trends. StockTwits was named "One of the Best Websites of 2010" by Time Magazine, and was listed as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies on the Web” by Fast Company.