Social Worker/Facilitator at St Anne's in Los Angeles, CA
St Anne's, established in 1908, is a nonprofit organization. We have a number of programs including a residential facility for at risk girls, a transitional housing program for at risk women, an Early Learning Center for their children as well as providing mental health services to families within our area.
Responsible for facilitating intensive, family-centered, and community-based services for children/adolescents and their families in the Wraparound Program. Serves as the lead of the Child and Family Team. Provides ongoing case management services to clients to reach desired goals and maintain an adequate level of functioning.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform initial and ongoing strengths-based assessments of children and families. Identify and prioritize family’s needs across all domains.
- Assists with the develop of a Child & Family Team, which includes multi-disciplinary professionals, the child and family, extended family members, and informal community supports.
- Facilitates team meetings and fully involve families in the planning and decision-making process.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive plan of care, ensuring strategies, interventions and services are family-centered, flexible and community-based.
- Ensure collaboration and coordination among all agencies involved in the implementation of the families’ plan.
- Interface with DCFS, DMH, court systems, schools, health care providers and other community liaisons.
- Provide 24-hour availability and crisis intervention on an as needed basis.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, inter-agency meetings and in-service trainings.
- Conducts visits to homes, schools and or other service providers in order to help client achieve their service plan goals.
- Follows states and agency laws regarding child abuse reporting.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- At least one (1) year of experience working with low-income, high-risk children and families, and/or experience providing community based work.
- Strong knowledge of Child Abuse laws/Crisis Intervention techniques.
- Requires access to a reliable automobile AND a valid California driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Hours 10-7, M-F, every other Friday off.