Assistant Director in Early Learning Center at St Anne's in Los Angeles, CA
St Anne's, established in 1908, is a nonprofit organization. We have a number of programs including a residential facility for at risk girls, a transitional housing program for at risk women, an Early Learning Center for their children as well as providing mental health services to families within our area. For more information call Mindy, 213-381-2931x255.
The Assistant Director will oversee the day-to-day function of the child development center and will maintain confidential supervisory relationship with staff, student teachers and volunteers including evaluations. Work along side the Director in ensuring program compliance. The Assistant Director, in collaboration with the Director, will develop, implement and uphold the mission, policies, and practices of the Child Development Center and St. Anne's. In addition, the Assistant Director will assist the Head Start Director with administrative duties such as typing meeting minutes, budgetary issues, personnel issues, strategic plan, self-assessment and community assessment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Head Start program
- Responsible for ensuring that the Head Start Program is meeting all Performance Standards requirements and expectations.
- Oversee the Monthly Parent Council Meeting and Parent Volunteers
- May include some supervision, maintenance of administrative records, enrollment and waiting lists;
- May be responsible for licensing and maintenance of the facility.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Child Development Center and oversees progress and implementation of daily curriculum development and classroom management.
- Recruit, hire, orient, train, and schedule staff; provide supervision and guidance for staff in daily activities and staff development areas.
- In collaboration with the teaching staff, will design learning outcomes and ensure that those outcomes are met.
- Plan and oversee staff evaluations in collaboration with site Director.
- Monitor performance of staff and maintain performance evaluations.
- Oversee enrollment process; create and/or modify procedure as necessary.
- Develop and implement conflict management and problem solving strategies with children, staff and parents.
- Maintain effective and on-going communication with parents.
- Prepare site to meet all licensing requirements and ensure that all procedures are followed to meet or exceed these minimums.
- Make purchases of inventory and equipment; monitor budget and expenses.
- Utilize word-processing, spreadsheet and data based computer programs to enhance office operations and center record keeping.
- Maintain and implement handbook of policies and procedures for parents and staff
- Continually evaluate own performance to identify needs for professional growth, and establish avenues for feedback from supervisors, peers, subordinates and parents.
- Support and provide in-service opportunities and/or on-the-job experience for staff who desire expansion of their scope of responsibility in preparation for future career advancement.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field (of which 24 ECE/CD units, including core, 6 units in administration, and 2 units in adult supervision).
- A valid State of California Child Development Site Supervisor or Program Director Permit.
- Expected to have 350 days (of 3+ hours per day within 4 years) of experience, including at least 100 days of supervising adults and one program year of site supervisor experience..
- At least35 years of experience overseeing a Head Start Program
- Effective communication skills required
- Proficient in developing and maintaining cooperative staff relationships.
- Must be 1st Aid (infant/child/adult) and CPR certified.
- Knowledge of State Department of Education, Title 5, and Dept. of Social Services Title 22.
- Experience in working with diverse cultures.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Please list your harder requirements and "nice to haves" here. This section should be keyword-rich - i.e. please include the keywords you anticipate that job seekers will use to search for jobs on job boards.
- Please list anything that makes working for your company unique or special - i.e. Can people work from home, do you offer special benefits (company car, expense account, stock options, etc).