UX / UI Designer at Square Root in Austin, TX
Square Root is hiring: UX / UI Designer
About Square Root
Based in Austin, TX, Square Root is a leading edge enterprise SaaS provider with a rapidly growing team of technology innovators. In 2013, Inc. magazine ranked Square Root as the 41st fastest-growing, privately held software company in America on the Inc. 500ǀ5000 list.
Square Root has grown its team and customer base by standing by its founding principle: data should empower. Square Root’s cloud-based software leverages advanced data analytics to help businesses improve overall performance. Today, some of the biggest automotive, energy, and retail players use Square Root’s platforms and applications to optimize their daily operations.
Square Root’s Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. We think big ideas are meant to be pursued. So, we think critically and have a bias for action and impact. We continually iterate to deliver smarter direction and better software.
- Be customer-inspired. We aim to over-deliver and delight by doing what’s best, not just what’s asked. That’s why we make it a priority to understand how our customers operate and the challenges that they face. We look for inspiration in the details so that we can deliver relevant and impactful solutions.
- Partner. We build strong relationships by having a partnership mindset – internally and externally. We go above and beyond to help our customers and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We set our internal bar high so that we can bring enthusiasm, speed, and innovation to the enterprise. We empower each Square Root employee to take ownership, act, and iterate to make everything we do – from work product to working environment – better. We revere personal drive, growth, and balance. We celebrate successes, and, sometimes, we just celebrate.
Square Root Perks
- No dress code, office hours, or vacation policy – only results matter
- A small, innovative team with a passion for making a huge impact on large, enterprise customers
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Modern-retro downtown offices
- Team lunches, stocked kitchens, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
- Regular office happy hours and a full office bar including local beer on tap and an expansive scotch collection
We have a passion for building innovative and intuitive software, and we’re looking for a creative UX/UI designer who lives for creating great products with great design. Square Root UX/UI designers are expert visual storytellers. They spend the time to understand the needs and motivations of our target audiences, and then translate that knowledge into concepts for compelling interactions and experiences. UX/UI designers participate in every phase of product development, working collaboratively in a cross-functional team of project managers, product managers, data scientists, and software developers. Do you believe that every product has a story and that great design is the way to tell it? Are you the type of person who gets irritated by poorly thought out user experiences? If so, you should get in touch. Candidates must have a strong understanding of user interface design as it relates to desktop and mobile environments.
- 1-3 years of experience of user experience or user interface design
- A solid understanding of what it takes to create a great visual story
- A passion for UX and design principles
- Knowledge of and adherence to web standards and best practices
- Expert knowledge of typography, color theory, iconography, and aesthetics using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustration, InDesign, etc.)
- Adept at creating and refining visual interaction designs, iconography, site architecture, wireframes, and task flows
- Interest in Web applications / products
- Experience with digital platforms, desktop and mobile environment UI design, and/or digital agency experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, maniacal attention to detail, and desire to produce the highest quality work
- Local candidates only please