Streaming Video Engineer at Spreecast in San Francisco, CA
Streaming Video Engineer
Spreecast is the social video platform that gets people together for face-to-face conversations. We are based in San Francisco and we are well-funded with 16 employees. We have a consumer application for desktop browsers and mobile devices. Our application has elements of video communications (ie Skype, Webex) as well as broadcast media (ie, Hulu, Youtube).
The team has a proven track record: the founder of Spreecast was CEO and co-founder of StubHub.com. We also have a super star engineering team (including engineers from Stanford, Berkeley, Cornell, and MIT), and we're looking to grow. We are very entrepreneurial and looking for like-minded people who are excited about getting in early and building something big.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a huge impact on the business. If you like taking on interesting technical challenges then this is for you.
• Develop and maintain high performance video streaming infrastructure and related technologies
• Support integrated video and audio communications system.
• Work with developers and product managers to define product requirements.
• Tune media servers (ie Flash Media Server, Wowza) for optimal performance.
• Work with a third party CDN (ie Akamai, Limelight) to offload certain high-load tasks
• Integrate with third party PBX software (ie asterisk, FreeSwitch)
* Solid foundation with streaming low latency live video.
* Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Experience with high volume, highly available systems.
* Experience with media servers including Flash Media Server and Wowza
* Strong understanding of network architecture and firewall traversal.
* Excellent UNIX skills
* Experience designing and scaling server infrastructure
Nice to have
* Experience working with CDNs such as Akamai or Limelight.
* Knowledge of peer-to-peer networks.
How to apply
* Send your resume and other relevant info (e.g. github username).
* Links to some projects you’ve worked on.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.