Streaming Video Engineer at Spreecast in San Francisco, CA
Streaming Video Engineer
Spreecast is the social video platform that gets people together for face-to-face conversations. We are based in San Francisco and we are well-funded with 16 employees. We have a consumer application for desktop browsers and mobile devices. Our application has elements of video communications (ie Skype, Webex) as well as broadcast media (ie, Hulu, Youtube).
The team has a proven track record: the founder of Spreecast was CEO and co-founder of StubHub.com. We also have a super star engineering team (including engineers from Stanford, Berkeley, Cornell, and MIT), and we're looking to grow. We are very entrepreneurial and looking for like-minded people who are excited about getting in early and building something big.
We are looking for a streaming video expert to join our team.
We use proprietary code to send and receive live, low-latency video
from mobile devices. You would work on streams coming into a video
server, video inside the streaming servers, and streams coming out of
the video server. You would also work on the video capture side in the
Qualifications - Requirements:
- You could write your own streaming server from scratch
- You could convert H.264 to VP8 using code you write. You don't need to
- know the algorithms off the top of your head but you should feel
- comfortable doing the transformation if given the x264 and libvpx
- Understanding of video transport - RTSP/RTP/RTCP
- Expert in C/C++