Quality Engineer (QA) at Spongecell in San Francisco, CA
You are a QA and engineering professional looking to partner with the engineering team as the first member of the QA team You'll oversee testing and manage the quality assurance process. You are knowledgeable and passionate about QA. You have meticulous attention to detail, you are super organized adn you are tenacious! Yes, tenacious. In addition to guiding the engineers as our QA expert and evangelist, you'll also communicate your findings and collaborate across the company.
About the Role:
You will be the first employee in a dedicated QA role and will own the quality of our product. The QA Lead will:
- Create and manage quality process improvements
Create and maintain automated tests
- We have a CI, and use it - you would be the person that gets to whip people who make it turn red
- Help make our test suites more usable (e.g., performance tweaks, rewriting slow tests, etc.)
- Work with engineers to strategize how they will implement tests for new features, and ensuring tests are accurately written and up to date
- Test new features and perform and update regression tests
- Develop automated tests
- Find bugs and critical issues and help coordinate fixing, patching and reporting them in technical detail to the engineering team
- Use our issue tracker to review, reproduce, document, prioritize, and escalate bug fixes
- Coordinate with departments to deliver their own sets of tests to run
- Work closely with the engineering team to communicate bug data and reproduce complex feature issues and performance problems
This position is based out of our totally awesome San Francisco office. Get in touch with us and tell us why you are a good fit for our team! What will make us confident in handing over the QA keys to you? Send your resume and any other information about you to email@example.com. We can’t respond to everyone, but if you are a good it with the above requirements you will hear from us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and work in compliance with the ADA. You must be eligible to work in the US. We look forward to hearing from you!
Spongecell is leading the creative resurgence of engaging advertising by combining speed, innovation and advanced engineering to transform standard ads into experiences. We work with creative and media agencies to produce and serve thousands of engaging campaigns across billions of impressions for global brand advertisers every year. It’s an active, fast moving, exciting space and Spongecell is leading the way. Spongecell is an independent company with a three year revenue growth of 6,316 %, placing #27 on the 2012 Inc 500 list, Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, Industry recognition with the IAB Rising Star and Crain’s Best Places to work list. We have headquarters in New York and offices throughout the United States and Europe.