UI Developer at SpareFoot in Austin, TX
SpareFoot is looking for a senior level UI developer. You will be responsible for implementing our highly trafficked self-storage websites and internal web-based applications. You have a passion for making great products where form equals function. You should be comfortable working in an open-ended environment where roles are flexible, everything is always changing, and communication is essential. You'll be part of a small, nimble team of designers and developers who love solving hard problems.
- Mastery of modern HTML/CSS
- Experience developing consumer-oriented websites
- OOP development experience (we use PHP and Java)
- Strong knowledge of web standards and cross-browser development
- An obsession with clean, valid markup
- Experience creating rich web applications with AJAX
- Battle scars from IE6
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks i.e., Zend Framework, Symfony, or CodeIgniter
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Section 508 accessibility standards
- Comfortable in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator
- SpareFoot operates a network of websites that help consumers comparison shop for self-storage facilities (like Hotels.com for self-storage). Some of our top sites: www.selfstorage.com, www.selfstoragedeals.com, www.sparefoot.com
- Millions of consumers use SpareFoot to find storage at more than 6,500 storage facilities in the US each year
- We’re funded by top investors (Silverton Partners, Floodgate, Capital Factory), have an awesome team and revenue is growing FAST.
- We’re already transforming the $22 billion self-storage industry and we’re only just getting started
- To learn more about SpareFoot culture and news, read our blog and check us out on Facebook, G+ and Twitter.
- Yearly company sponsored conference / certification course
- $3k budget to build your own work machine
- Insurance for you and your family – fully paid
- Stock options (we’re still early enough that these are a big deal)
- A ridiculously cool work place – we just moved into our own office (a full floor) in downtown Austin.
- Downtown parking pass
- Unlimited beer and other beverages
- More free snacks than you have ever seen before (we currently consume 3lbs of pistachios/day)
- Sake bomb initiation event for all new employees at Imperia
- Catered lunch from Tacodeli once per week
- A highly casual and not always politically correct workplace (if you’re easily offended, please don’t apply)
- Shuffleboard and foosball in our office
- Work hard & play hard culture with frequent company social events (and cab vouchers to get home safely from those events)