Office Assistant at SpareFoot in Austin, TX
Are you an experienced executive assistant but don’t like the fact that all the executives you worked for in the past call themselves executives and think they are special? Cool, keep reading.
SpareFoot is looking for an experienced administrative assistant to be our CEO’s extra hand in everything from travel planning to keeping the office kitchen fully stocked at all times. We have a very laid back culture to the point where calling this job an “executive assistant” is just too painful so we aren’t. No one is special at SpareFoot, but some of us are just really busy and need some help…that will be your job.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
- SpareFoot operates a network of websites that help consumers comparison shop for self-storage facilities (like Hotels.com for self-storage). Some of our top sites: www.selfstorage.com, www.selfstoragedeals.com, www.sparefoot.com
- Millions of consumers use SpareFoot to find storage at more than 6,500 storage facilities in the US each year
- We’re funded by top investors (Silverton Partners & Floodgate), have an awesome team and revenue is growing FAST.
- Plan travel arrangements for everyone in the office who goes somewhere for work
- Manage the calendar of those currently spending more than an hour per day coordinating their own calendar (there are a few)
- Coordinate trade show exhibitions and associated travel
- Help people manager coordinate company events
- Keep the kitchen fully stocked at all times and coordinate food/drink ordering with our vendors
- Run ad hoc errands
- Keep the office clean and tidy
- Be the smiling face who greets everyone walking into our office
- Experience being the assistant to a CEO or similar (hint, no first timers)
- OBSESSED WITH DETAILS – you should be bordering on compulsive. Forks in the wrong section of the silverware drawer drive you crazy.
- Experience planning parties, events and tradeshow exhibits
- An extremely pleasant demeanor – everybody loves you
- An extreme hobby
- Insurance for you and your family – fully paid
- Stock options (we’re still early enough that these are a big deal)
- A ridiculously cool work place – full floor in downtown Austin
- Downtown parking pass
- Unlimited beer, liquor and other beverages
- More free snacks than you have ever seen before (we currently consume 3lbs of pistachios/day)
- Sake bomb initiation event for all new employees at Imperia
- A highly casual and not always politically correct workplace (if you’re easily offended, please don’t apply)
- Shuffleboard and foosball in our office
- Work hard & play hard culture with frequent company social events (and cab vouchers to get home safely from those events)
- No policy vacation policy – take the time you need as long as you do so responsibly