Sr. Software Engineer - Service Architecture C++ at SoundHound in Santa Clara...
SoundHound is leading the mobile sound search revolution. Join us.
SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way. Our flagship app for iPhone and Android recently won the most competitive category in Billboard's inaugural Music App Awards, and achieved top-ten honors from the New York Times, becoming the only music app to do so."Insane" - The New York Times' David Pogue
"...could save your sanity" - Don Lemon, CNN
At SoundHound you'll be joining a diverse, world-class group of engineers, scientists, designers, and marketers on a team that includes both recent grads and seasoned veterans. Our strongest academic ties are with Stanford, and prior industry stops for our team members include Google, Amazon, Oracle, and Sony.
SoundHound not only builds killer apps but also the industry leading core technologies powering these apps. If you've worked on core technologies in a large company context, or have been an app developer licensing technologies that never quite keep up with your needs, you will appreciate the uniquely empowering experience of a workplace that combines people from both backgrounds – literally within a few yards of each other.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours. In vino veritas!
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and even occasional visits from recording artists (recently including Seal). SoundHound is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Role:
- You will own the backend service architecture for our Speech products, taking a leadership role in the design and implementation of our core product features. This is a senior role delivering services powered by our own unique and innovative technologies.
- You will be given the freedom to refactor and rewrite our existing systems.
- You will share responsibility for the most important aspect of our user experience: delivering fast and accurate results for speech queries.
- Ownership of the design and development of the service layer of our Speech products, the interface layer between the mobile client, speech recognition engine, and content sources.
- Design and evolve our service architecture; implement new services and features for existing services; test and provide binaries to IT for deployment.
- Expert level coding abilities in C++, with a strong hands-on approach, as architect and coder.
- Expertise in writing algorithms
- Strong background and experience working with Unix.
- Experience designing and delivering scalable services.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with socket-level programming
- Experience with speech recognition
- Experience with Java / Tomcat
- Experience with the Linux / Apache / MySql / PHP stack
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.