QA Engineer at SoundHound in Santa Clara, CA
SoundHound is leading the mobile sound search revolution. Join us.
SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way. Our flagship app for iPhone and Android recently won the most competitive category in Billboard's inaugural Music App Awards, and achieved top-ten honors from the New York Times, becoming the only music app to do so.
"Insane" - The New York Times' David Pogue
"...could save your sanity" - Don Lemon, CNN
At SoundHound you'll be joining a diverse, world-class group of engineers, scientists, designers, and marketers on a team that includes both recent grads and seasoned veterans. Our strongest academic ties are with Stanford, and prior industry stops for our team members include Google, Amazon, Oracle, and Sony.
SoundHound not only builds killer apps but also the industry leading core technologies powering these apps. If you've worked on core technologies in a large company context, or have been an app developer licensing technologies that never quite keep up with your needs, you will appreciate the uniquely empowering experience of a workplace that combines people from both backgrounds – literally within a few yards of each other.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and regular happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and even occasional visits from recording artists (recently including Justin Nozuka, Two Door Cinema Club, and MC Hammer). SoundHound is an equal opportunity employer.
- You are a highly motivated problem solver with excellent troubleshooting skills
- You are passionate about music, mobile applications and end user experience
- You have excellent communication skills and thrive in a fast paced work environment
- You love collaborating with a team, but can also work independently when necessary
- Proven track record shipping mobile software
- Comprehensively test product throughout all phases of the development life cycle
- Understand product requirements and devise test procedures with appropriate coverage
- Execute regular testing, including manual tests, regression/unit tests, and performance tests
- Document detailed test plans, test cases, and matrices
- 3-6 years of hands-on QA experience
- Strong understanding of mobile platforms (iOS, Android, WindowsPhone, etc)
- Excellent analytic skills, and the ability to make sense out of chaos
- Experience interfacing closely with software engineering teams
- Experience with bug tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc)
- BS (or minor) in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Experience with audio/music/speech technologies
- Familiarity with relevant development and testing methodologies (Agile, Scrum, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to own a complete functional area of a product
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.