Quality Engineer at SolutionSet in Mill Valley, CA
***This is not Software QA but Web Marketing development.
Quality Assurance at SolutionSet requires a solid grounding in web technologies, the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, and excellent teamwork skills. The Quality Engineer is responsible for testing and deployment across digital projects. The role entails writing test plans, testing experiences across browsers, devices and installations, tracking defects, and working with development team members to deploy builds to staging and production environments. This position works in collaboration with development and creative teams to communicate and document interaction and experience expectations, and to build testing into project schedules and scope. This Quality Engineer ensures that work conforms to client specifications and meets standards to ensure a quality product, cost-effective production, on-time delivery and client satisfaction. As a key advocate for Quality Assurance at SolutionSet, this position participates in the execution of many high-profile projects and client across the office such as Cisco, eBay, Dell, Adidas, Office Depot, American Express, and others.
- Write test plans and use cases based on supplied functional specifications and design comps
- Test banners, emails, websites and applications for functional, cross-browser, performance and usability defects
- Communicate and document user experience interactions and use cases in test plans
- Track defects using relevant tools, provide defect statistics and reports
- Proofread all deliverables against supplied copydecks
- Write detailed bug reports and communicate all issues in a clear manner
- Communicate throughout project execution with Developers and Project Managers using web-based tools, email, phone, video conferencing, instant messaging, and other collaboration tools
- Provide time estimates to Development and Project Management teams and assist in project scheduling for QA
- Manage the QA workflow from issue identification to assignment build, release and issue closure
- When applicable, help manage release deployment using a variety of tools and systems across client accounts
- Be an expert on our client style guides and stay current with any changes to the style guides
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional testing skills and attention to detail
- Experience building comprehensive tests on front-end code
- Experience testing HTML emails with dynamically generated content
- Experience testing standard Flash & Rich Media banners
- Experience and knowledge of mobile web development
- Experience/Knowledge of QA processes as it relates to software development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven technology experience, in development or QA of web-based systems and sites
- Experience with multiple tracking tools, such as Jira, Mantis, Bugzilla, and Trac
- Experience with testing tools, such as Selenium, Charles, Service Capture and SortSite
- Strong understanding of web technologies and components, including HTTP, page-load optimization, Flash, and web services
- Detailed knowledge of all major web browsers and their inherent differences/limitations, plug-ins on both Windows and Mac platforms
- Well-versed in Quality Assurance procedures and processes
- Strong communication and team-oriented collaboration skills. Must have experience working with both creative and technical partners
- Possess top-notch organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Additional Qualifications (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Applications including Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Flash
- Front-End Web Development experience
- Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style and AP Stylebook
- Experience with Game Development Testing
We are now the largest independent Marketing services company in the country.
We are more than just marketers. We are thinkers. Artists. Engineers. Storytellers. Filmmakers. Designers. Writers. Coders. Strategists.
SolutionSet treats each client relationship like a series of ongoing auditions—always innovating, never resting. We take a whole-brain approach to creative development, considering both look and performance, from emails to landing pages to direct mail.
Clients include Google, AT&T, Dell, eBay, USAA, Stanford University, adidas, Cisco, Office Depot, TiVo, and more. We have 1200 employees and a number of offices nation-wide, and we’re growing every day.
Solutionset is an Equal Opportunity Employer