DevOps Engineer at Sociable Labs in San Francisco, CA
Ensure the quality, reliability and stability of a social platform deployed on some the biggest e-commerce and media sites on the web
Do you want to help build the future of social commerce? Want to work with an amazing team and constantly learn and grow?
Sociable Labs is a well-funded startup providing a social engagement platform for some of the biggest ecommerce and media companies on the web. A two-time winner of Facebook’s developer fund, and backed by top VC firms, we are recognized experts in both the social and technological aspects of the Facebook platform. At Sociable we handle billions of page views and millions of users and transactions every day, and we're only getting started. We’re still small enough for you to get in on the ground floor and make a big impact during our high-growth phase.
Here are some of the exciting things you will be doing in this exciting role:
- Support the operations of our cloud-based SaaS platform and systems
- Ensure the availability and uptime of our web platform
- Coordinate releases of new software and systems at a rapid pace
- Identify deficiencies in existing monitoring systems and propose alternatives
- Provide in-house expertise in operating system, hardware and/or cloud-based systems
- Investigate supporting new technologies including noSQL and search services
Here are some of the things that could make you perfect for this role:
- Have knowledge and experience with Perl
- Experience with common system configuration tools such as puppet, chef or cfengine
- Extensive knowledge of Nagios, including plugin creation
- You can talk your way, packet by packet, through an entire TCP/IP connection
- You believe that anything you have to repeat should be scripted
- Extensive familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, including EC2 and S3.
A minimum of 2 years experience is preferred. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a Masters Degree; or equivalent experience is required.
Since we're always learning new things, passion for learning, communication skills, and intellectual horsepower are more important to us than what you know.
Our office is located in San Francisco.
Note: We will only consider candidates living in the US. We do NOT accept unsolicited resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies that are not already on our preferred vendor list.