VP, Business Development at SmartAsset in New York, NY
VP Business Development
We are looking for a Vice President of Business Development to drive monetization of the SmartAsset platform. SmartAsset is growing into the premier web destination for personal finance advice and is consequently highly sought after as a partner for Financial Services firms. The right candidate will have deep relationships in financial services and be experienced in negotiating both custom and traditional partnerships.
- Primary responsibility will be engaging, closing and managing strategic partnerships across SmartAsset’s various monetization strategies.
- Identify new monetization opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product team to ensure monetization strategies are aligned with Product and Marketing efforts.
- 4+ years of experience negotiating web property business development deals with a keen understanding for aligning deal terms to Company interests.
- Experience across a range of monetization strategies, including: lead generation, email marketing, display and product licensing is strongly preferred.
- Existing experience and relationships in web personal finance or financial services is strongly preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
SmartAsset is a venture backed, Y Combinator Company. We are a consumer advocate, recommending specific strategies to help people make smarter decisions with their money. We have been featured in over 50 publications, including the New York Times, Techcrunch, Fast Company and the US News and World Report.