Web Developer at Smarsh, Inc. in Portland, OR
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Smarsh helps over 15,000 customers manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies and mitigate risk. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
The Smarsh development team is seeking an engineer to help build and enhance its web archiving solutions. Smarsh Web Archiving captures the web's most complex sites, preserving and presenting their original functionality, and providing historical search across a customer’s entire archive.
Candidates must be comfortable meeting the high standards of software development necessary to deliver fully-auditable and compliant solutions for our customers -- the world's largest and most well-respected companies.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with Python tools and technologies (Django experience is a plus)
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Ability to work independently and implement functionality from minimal specifications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- The ability to communicate effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Share new ideas openly within a team environment.
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.