Sr. QA Engineer at Smarsh, Inc. in Boston, MA
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps over 10,000 organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies and mitigate risk. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
At Smarsh, the QA process isn’t simply another step in the SDLC. Reporting directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will define the scope, approach, and objectives of all levels of QA testing – including Functional, Integration, System, Automation and Regression – from project conception to final deployment. The QA Engineer will be expected to take ownership of the overall success of testing, and lead assigned projects from IT Quality Testing through final User Acceptance Testing with minimal supervision.
- Provide test planning, leadership and resolution of issues that impede the test effort.
- Assure the maximum level of quality by the resolution of important defects by working with developers to ensure the software development process has an appropriate level of testing.
- Perform unit and black box testing as required.
- Track and report defects using appropriate tools.
- Ensure that all items follow the change management process and are entered and tracked through the change management software.
- Participate in review meetings for defect status, priority and information exchange.
- Review requirements and creating test plan/strategy and scripts.
- Become subject matter expert on the product and related technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong thorough knowledge and understanding of Agile/Scrum SDLC including User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Design Testing, Final Implementation and Operations.
- Must have experience testing web-based enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with business analysts, programmers and end users in a cross functional team, including:
- At least 6 years of software test experience;
- At least 6 years of experience testing multiple software projects simultaneously with Customer focused Web applications built in .NET applications.
- At least 6 years of experience working with structured software methodology and software test experience.
- Experienced user of SQL to create data sets.
- At least 3+ years of PL/SQL experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
- 5+ years of experience in systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- Must be detailed oriented, possess proven analytic skills, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and working on multiple projects in single quarter.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Ability to successfully liaison with cross-functional groups.
- Automation testing experience with Selenium preferred.
- Experience with Load Testing desired.
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.