Web Applications Developer at Smarsh, Inc. in Boston, MA
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Smarsh helps over 15,000 customers manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies and mitigate risk. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
The Smarsh development team is seeking an engineer to help build and enhance its web archiving solutions. Already a leader in archiving for email, IM and social media, Smarsh is building a new team to extend its reach into the burgeoning space of native format website archiving. Smarsh web archiving captures the web's most complex sites, preserving and presenting their original functionality, and providing historical search across users' entire archive.
- 3 – 5 years development experience
- Experience working with Python tools and technologies (Django experience is a plus)
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with compilers (in C) is also a plus
- Ability to work independently and implement functionality from minimal specifications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- Experience using Agile/scrum methodologies
- Computer Science degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.