.NET Software Engineer at Smarsh, Inc. in New York, NY
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps over 10,000 organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies and mitigate risk. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
The Smarsh development team is seeking new developers to join the team designing cutting-edge services. The Smarsh development team is responsible for designing, testing and deploying Smarsh’s award winning products and services on a regular basis with innovative and powerful new features.
Smarsh’s ASP.NET Software Developers are responsible for development of its front-end webservers and services which are used by customers to access services and tools. ASP.NET Software Developers working on these products have direct visibility to clients and deliver engaging and powerful applications directly to customers.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- US work authorization required
- 3-5 years developing with Microsoft .NET tools and technologies
- Working Knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF, Web services, and IIS
- Experience working with relational databases
- Ability to work independently and implement functionality from minimal specifications
- Experience with .Net 3.5 Framework/VS 2008 and/or .Net 4.0 Framework/VS 2010
- An ideal candidate would have experience working with test driven development using TDD principals and tools
- An ideal candidate would have experience working in small team environment using lean software principles.
- The ability to communicate effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Share new ideas openly within a team environment.
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.