Exchange Architect at Smarsh, Inc. in Portland, OR
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging, websites, and public social networking platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Chatter and Yammer. Smarsh helps over 20,000 organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies.
From day one, Smarsh was built on a set of core values that have motivated and sustained us – People First, Inspire Confidence, and Embrace the Impossible. We ask that each of our employees – whether new or old- ingrain these values in our day-to-day decisions, call on them while serving our customers and our peers and apply them when creating the best possible products we can imagine.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
The Exchange/Messaging Architect will lead the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of large multi-site, multi-domain messaging server environments; lead client visioning for future systems, prepare scope documents and project plans, and design and implement best practices for provisioning, identity management and password management to ensure client investment in technology is consistent with their business objectives. The Exchange/Messaging Architect will also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Exchange matters, including sales and RFP support, and mentoring, training and support of less senior Exchange Engineers.
- Microsoft Exchange expert with focus on Exchange 2007/2010
- Exchange 2010 High-Availability and Load Balancing requirements including DAG
- Exchange 2007/2010 internal and external client connectivity
- Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration process
- Exchange 2007 to 2010 migration process
- Archiving and Journaling – Hub transport Rules
- Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012
- Active Directory - Windows 2008/2008R2/2012
- Proficiency in Powershell usage and scripting
- Troubleshoot Outlook 2007/2010/2013 issues
- Configuring and troubleshooting email transport related technologies (DNS, SMTP, RPC, POP3, etc.)
- Business Continuity strategies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology field is highly preferred
- MCSE – Messaging – Required either toward Exchange 2010 or Exchange 2013
- Ability to provide 3rd level support as it relates to messaging
- Proven implementation capabilities of the technologies listed above
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to develop documentation, test, and implementation plans
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with team members, as required
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Blackberry Enterprise Server experience a plus
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.