Account Executive at Smarsh, Inc. in Boston, MA
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps over 10,000 organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies and mitigate risk. We are a privately-held organization, supported by strong corporate partnerships and affiliations with several of the best brands in the world. Smarsh has also been repeatedly recognized as one of today’s fastest growing companies, including Inc. 500 and the #1 fastest Growing Private Company in Oregon. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh atwww.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
Are you ready to join an innovative technology company? We are looking for motivated individuals with a proven track record of success to join our sales team. This position is responsible for maintaining and building the territory’s revenue and exceeding, where possible, revenue goals. This role will sell, maintain, and service existing clients, as well as continually prospect for new clients and secure incremental revenue through closing new business.
Smarsh believes in putting people first and developing strong client relationships will be a critical aspect of the role. Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to be proactive and resilient in order to achieve results, despite obstacles.
- Identify, prospect, and provide consultative information regarding technology solutions.
- Build and maintain client base, with a strong sense of customer satisfaction.
- High volume of out-bound calls to existing client base.
- Provide high quality service to our clients.
- Create and/or review sales reports, campaign reports and forecasts
- Maintain regular activity reports to update sales management on account activity.
- Review RFP proposals and make preliminary recommendations.
- Coordinate daily with Sales Manager regarding territory strategy and execution plan.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all colleagues and customers.
- Provide industry regulation changes and updates to our client base, as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Prior sales, marketing or business development experience
- Knowledge of financial markets and or hosted technology services is highly advantageous
- Proven track record in sales
- Excellent customer service and telephone manner
- Accounting and Financial basics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization, Time Management, and Professional Appearance
Smarsh is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.