Senior Android Developer at SkyGrid in Sunnyvale, CA
SkyGrid is a beautiful and captivating way to stay up to date on your news. SkyGrid has been featured on the homepage of the Android Market, named a Featured App by both Google and Apple, is the #1 News App for time spent per user, and has been repeatedly mentioned by Lady Gaga and other well-known public figures. We've also got a lot of great buzz and just last week the NYTimes listed Facebook, Google, and SkyGrid as the three apps you need to get through a hurricane! With SkyGrid millions of people with Android handsets & tablets follow sources and topics, and receive updates on their interests. We're now approaching viral growth and looking for a passionate team member to continually make our Android app more and more inspiring and exciting.
If you'd like to create one of the most beautiful, powerful, and clean news app experiences people have ever had, then you'll be a great fit with the team. You'll be focused on delivering a uniquely great user experience to serve millions of people using SkyGrid on Android handsets & tablets. You'll constantly translate designs and UX requirements into an amazing experience. Along with the Engineering Team, you'll work alongside our UX and Design Team, and also with our CEO & Founder, to deliver a unique news app experience people remember and care about.
- Be passionate to build, iterate, and polish SkyGrid to continually wow people
- Own development from specs, to implementation, RCs, Market builds, and iterations
- Collaborate with backend engineers to implement server-side APIs and optimizations
- Openly and clearly communicate progress and where other team members can help
- Natural enthusiasm to deliver product experiences that people are excited enough to share with their friends
- Track record of creating amazing mobile apps people love (this could be for an app with millions of users or just something from a CS course that everyone was excited about)
- Passion for delivering great products with intuitive and clean user experiences & design
- Strong understanding and experience with Android SDK, NDK, and internals
- Experience in working with sever-side code in Python, Java, etc and interest in backend infrastructure
- Experience developing gaming apps a plus
- Great skills in working with in a true team environment from design to launch
- Big believer in rapid prototyping, iterating, and data-driven development
- Open and clear communicator, passionate about innovation, and desire to make a daily impact
- Cultural fit for a focus on having fun, trying to create the simplest solutions, and delivering experiences that make people happy
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Great Benefits
- Hot lunches
- and more...