Software Developer at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
Sittercity enriches the lives of children and seniors by helping people connect with amazing caregivers safely, quickly, and efficiently. Help us make these bonds even stronger.
We incorporate best practices from Agile methodologies including test-driven development, pair programming, and intensive collaboration with product owners. Our environment rewards and encourages taking personal responsibility for seeing projects through from start to finish.
We are looking for a Software Developer with the experience, drive, and passion to make a difference in what we do.
- 2-3 years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails
- Direct experience with the development and maintenance of large-scale, mission-critical web applications
- Experience with TDD, BDD, and other Agile methodologies
- Solid understanding of SQL database programming and performance implications
- A true passion for technology, demonstrated by work on independent and open source projects
- Comfort with the demands and rewards of working in a startup environment
We operate in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site yoga classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly lunches, quarterly outings and work-at-home Fridays. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) as well as 3 weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2013 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and conducts background checks on all employees.