Senior Software Developer at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
Senior Software Developer
Sittercity enriches the lives of children and seniors by helping people connect with amazing caregivers safely, quickly, and efficiently. We incorporate best practices from Agile methodologies including test-driven development, pair programming, and intensive collaboration with product owners. Our environment rewards and encourages taking personal responsibility for seeing projects through from start to finish.
- A true passion for technology, demonstrated by work on independent and open source projects
- 3-5 years of experience with dynamic languages (Ruby, Python etc.)
- 2-3 years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails
- Direct experience with the development and maintenance of large-scale, mission-critical web applications
- Experience with TDD, BDD, and other Agile methodologies
- Should have experience with testing frameworks including Cucumber and RSpec
- Solid understanding of SQL database programming and performance implications
- MongoDB or Redis experience advantageous
- Comfort with the demands and rewards of working in a startup environment
- Should enjoy mentoring team members
- College degree preferred
We operate in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site yoga and Pilate classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly lunches, quarterly outings and work-at-home Fridays. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) and 3 weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2013 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis as prohibited by law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and conducts background checks on all employees.