Software Quality Assurance Manager at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Sittercity Incorporated depends on quality. From provider screening to delivering software features, our value is providing members with a quality experience. We love to take things apart, find out how they work, and break them – early and often. If breaking things (and exploring ways to make them stronger) is your guilty pleasure, we’d love to talk to you.
Sittercity is cutting edge. We incorporate agile development methods, Behavior Driven Development (BDD), continuous integration & delivery (CI / CD), and even crowdsourcing in our approach to product delivery and quality assurance. If you’ve been thinking “there must be a better way”, come talk with us.
You can make a difference. We enrich the lives of children and seniors by helping people connect with amazing caregivers safely, quickly and efficiently. Help us make these bonds even stronger.
To Be Considered, You’ll Bring The Following To Our Team:
A passion for leadership and building a strong QA community in which to share knowledge and grow the overall QA competency at the company.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and enforce software quality processes and standards.
- Expertise in manual and automated testing in a variety of environments such as web, client-server, html and mobile.
- Strong analysis skills necessary to create test data and plans that ensure new and revised systems meet business needs.
- Experience, interest and adaptability to working in an Agile delivery environment.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with managing and building a team of QA engineers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area.
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to motivate and mentor others within the work group.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- At least 1 year of experience in a technical leadership / supervisory role.
- 5 years of professional experience in IT or business.
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience authoring comprehensive test plans and test scripts.
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Continuous Delivery and associated tools (Cucumber, Behat, etc.).
- Experience writing SQL.
- Experience working with onshore/offshore teams, and communicating using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams.
We operate in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site yoga classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly lunches, quarterly outings and work-at-home Fridays. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) as well as 3 weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2012 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and conducts background checks on all employees.