Marketing Manager at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
Sittercity Incorporated, a high-growth, fast-paced web company, is seeking to fill a B2B marketing position responsible for developing and executing marketing plans for its innovative B2B product offerings. Main B2B product is a web-based child and elder care employee benefit sold into Human Resource decision makers in large and mid-size organizations across multiple verticals including government, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, insurance and financial services. We are seeking a highly motivated strategic thinker with the ability to execute quickly and multi-task. Position is based in downtown Chicago.
Position Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Develops and executes a B2B marketing plan to achieve corporate objectives. Key objectives include generating leads for direct sales team, developing and enhancing marketing materials and re-branding the product in the marketplace for long-term market share.
- Plans and coordinates B2B advertising, promotion and sponsorship activities including 8 annual trade shows and events.
- Analyzes the results of trade shows and marketing programs, provides status reports and makes recommendations to increase effectiveness maximizing return on investment.
- Develop and execute digital marketing and PR campaigns to grow B2B awareness, sales and build the B2B brand.
- Manage the creation, development and production of B2B sales support and collateral materials including product website, sell sheets, brochures, flyers, giveaways, webinars, and presentations.
- Manage the creation and development of promotional materials to increase employee usage of the benefit.
- Monitors competitive products and marketing activities and makes recommendations to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Develops and manages marketing budget, maintaining a results-oriented approach to ensure that marketing activities are meeting revenue goals.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B marketing and specifically Human Resource departments is a plus.
- Experience working within the healthcare, pharmaceuticals or insurance industries a plus.
- Communication Skills -- Excellent writing and editing skills for effective communication of product’s value proposition across multiple mediums. Extremely proficient in creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Planning/Organizing -- Prioritizes plans and executes work activities effectively with a strong attention to detail.
- Digital Marketing and PR -- A good understanding of how digital marketing and PR can be utilized to grow B2B awareness and sales to build the B2B brand.
- Creativity and Adaptability -- Original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving quality; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Adapts well to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands and priorities; Able to deal with frequent change, and unexpected events.
Salary dependent upon level of experience with attractive commission and bonus plan.
We operate in a casual and fun environment in River North. Perks include weekly on-site yoga classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly lunches, and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance as well as 3 weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2012 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify.