Front End Developer at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
IT | Chicago, Illinois
Sittercity is hiring due to the growth of our spirited, entrepreneurial company. We are embracing changes to better serve families of those who use us.
Founded in 2001, Sittercity enriches the lives of children and seniors by helping people connect with amazing caregivers safely, quickly, and efficiently. We thrive in creating the world’s largest, most trusted network of family care solutions through our software venues.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building high-quality front-end interfaces that are maintainable and scalable.
- Implementing new features and maintaining the presentation layer for multiple web applications.
- Working with back-end developers to ensure seamless integration and timely execution in a continuous delivery environment.
- Collaborating with our creative, product and marketing teams to inform design decisions while articulating technical considerations.
- Establishing and documenting progressive standards for front-end development.
- Researching and evaluating new technologies and services.
- Evangelizing front-end technology and UX best practices.
What Skills We Are Looking For:
- Motivation to make a difference
- Curiosity and the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to thrive in a start-up/entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of how to build high-performance, semantic HTML5 and efficient CSS inheritance
- The ability to turn intricate designs into elegant, cross-browser code
- Proven ability to work in an Agile collaborative environment
- Experience creating responsive web sites for multiple devices
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks
- Creative problem solving skills
- Team collaboration and good interpersonal skills – even with our CEO!
- Source control experience; Git preferred
- Ruby on Rails experience
- iOS and Android native applications
- College degree preferred
Other Attire & Perks:
- Innovative, interested in you
- Casual and fun environment
- Great benefits package
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life 401(k)
- Competitive time-off policies
- Food, healthy snacks throughout the day
- Pingpong, yoga, pilates and on-site fitness
- 2013 Recipient of Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress
- Work at home every Friday
- Company events and outings
- Much more
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Sittercity participates in E-verify and conducts background checks on all employees.