Executive Assistant at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
We are Sittercity, a high growth, fast-paced and dynamic web company founded in 2001. With over 2 million members nationwide, Sittercity connects families with pre-screened caregivers by providing detailed profiles with photos, parent reviews, background checks, up-to-date availability, references and caregiving experience. In fact, every 30 seconds Sittercity connects a family with the local caregiver that meets their unique needs.
Our Executive Assistant provides administrative support for the executive department and human resources and also serves as the office administrator for the company. Assists Human Resources Manager with a wide variety of office duties including onboarding and new hire orientation. Serves as the first impression for Sittercity in person and on the phone. Welcomes and greets all visitors.
- Prepares letters, reports and documents based on input from CEO from notes, copy and drafts; designs formats to enhance each document and review for accuracy.
- Creates special projects such as presentations and reports as assigned.
- Maintains executive calendars and posts reminders of scheduled meetings and events.
- Makes travel arrangements for CEO and other individuals as requested; prepares detailed trip itineraries and maintains log of scheduled arrangements.
- Works closely with CEO in planning all Board of Director meetings including attendance at events/dinners if needed.
- Makes arrangements for luncheons or dinner reservations as necessary. Orders weekly food for office and Wednesday team lunch.
- Creates, organizes and maintains files and databases of highly confidential data.
- Works closely with HR Manager in onboarding new employees, including new office space, desk location and office supplies.
- Works independently on special projects.
- Sends out recruitment correspondence as requested.
- Assists in the planning of any office event, outing or conference.
- Tracks public relations and media news.
- Sorts and prioritizes incoming Sittercity mail.
- Prepares documents and packages for domestic and overseas delivery.
- Responsible for updating phone lists, outlook files and copier user directories.
- Provides any other administrative support, as requested, to other departments.
- Supports a positive working environment.
Minimum of one year of work experience in an office environment or equivalent internships. Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion with minimal supervision. Excellent written, interpersonal and organizational skills required. Proficient in Outlook, MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint are required. Strong ability to be diplomatic and possess a positive attitude. College degree preferred.
Sittercity operates in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site fitness classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly team lunches and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package include Health, Dental, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) and three weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2013 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participants in E-Verify and background checks all employees.