Designer at Sittercity Incorporated in Chicago, IL
Designer | Chicago, Illinois
We are Sittercity, Inc., a high growth, fast-paced and dynamic web company founded in 2001. With over 2 million members nationwide, Sittercity connects families with pre-screened caregivers by providing detailed profiles with photos, parent reviews, background checks, up-to-date availability, references and caregiving experience. In fact, every 30 seconds Sittercity connects a family with the local caregiver that meets their unique needs.
Sittercity is looking for a problem solver with a passion for producing innovative creative and design solutions with the ability to understand business goals and objectives. Applicant must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, experienced creative thinking and design skills with a diverse range of styles. This position involves being able to communicate your vision at design reviews and group presentations. If you join our growing collaborative, multidisciplinary team you will have an opportunity to test your skills in a variety of endeavors across a wide range of digital channels, including web, mobile, print, and brand strategy.
- Develop creative design directions and original concepts.
- Create visual systems/brand guidelines across all mediums.
- Facilitate design meetings and presentations.
- Develop interactive campaigns for social media, mobile and extended digital channels.
- Provide quality assurance for all creative deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with other designers, information architects, copywriters, content strategists, and account members.
- Strong design portfolio with formal design training. BFA in design preferred.
- 5+ years of experience designing for the web and digital channels.
- Advanced skill using Adobe CS Suite.
- A strong understanding of web standards, interface design principles, responsive design accessibility and CSS.
- Ability to inspire Jr. Designers and help guide clients toward appropriate design solutions.
- Information architecture and wire-framing, in addition to Marketing and Agency experience a real plus.
- Must be organized and highly motivated.
- Strong communication internally as well as client facing skills.
- Ability to be flexible and creative in a wide range of project types.
Sittercity operates in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site yoga and pilates classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly team lunches and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package include Health, Dental, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) and three weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2013 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participants in E-Verify and background checks all employees.