Business Product Manager, Operations & Strategy at Sittercity Incorporated in...
We are looking for an action-oriented, data driving, product innovator to become a Business Product Manager at Sittercity. This role is responsible for identifying actionable consumer insights, ideating new products, championing business cases through the organization, and leading cross-functional teams to implement them. This is a key leadership role at Sittercity and will work hand-in-hand with business analysts to analyze research and drive products from conception to revenue generation. In doing so, you work across all departments at Sittercity, including technology, marketing, finance, and customer support.
Who is Sittercity? We are a high growth, fast-paced dynamic company and America’s most trusted online solution for connecting families with high-quality, local caregivers -- including babysitters, nannies, tutors, senior care providers, and pet sitters.
- Identify market needs and opportunities by conducting:
- Consumer market research
- Analysis on internal data
- Competitive research
- Ideate and formulate product ideas with key business stakeholders
- Develop business cases supporting new products and championing them across the business
- Leading cross functional teams to implement new products
- Managing the existing and future products on a go-forward basis
- Provide mentorship and coaching to the analyst team
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic achievement
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in the following areas are critical for success in the position:
- Consumer market research
- Desktop and competitive research
- Data analysis and financial modeling
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated success in selling-in ideas and leading cross-functional teams
The ideal candidate would have the previous qualifications and the following attributes:
- MBA or other advanced degree from a leading institution
- 1-2 years of post-MBA experience
- Ecommerce experience identifying and developing products
- Experience in an analysis-heavy industry and/or role such as consulting, banking, or other data-intense environment
- Self-sufficiency at retrieving data from databases/BI tools
- Experience with advanced analytical tools such as R, SPSS, SAS, MatLab is highly desirable
Sittercity operates in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. We offer a very competitive compensation including numerous benefits such as Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) and paid time off program. Additionally, we have some unique perks including unlimited healthy snacks, weekly-catered lunches, regular team outings, and weekly on-site fitness classes.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2013 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.Sittercity participates in E-Verify.