Talented Generalist Engineer at ShopKeep POS in New York, NY
ShopKeep is changing the way local businesses leverage technology. Our cloud-based system allows merchants to work and ring up customers offline, create in-depth sales and inventory analysis, and chuck the register for a visually pleasing, easy-to-use interface. Even better, our product is much less cash intensive for small businesses. Our company is at the forefront of point of sale (POS System) solutions technology, continuing to develop and distribute our iPad app to replace all the big, expensive registers in coffee shops, bars, restaurants, ice cream shops...
About this Role:
ShopKeep is seeking an experienced talented generalists and those open to converting to Ruby on Rails development to come join our engineering team. You will be helping to build out the back end applications, that support our iPad app and provide a suite of features to our customers. The candidate who is a good fit for this position will not only have strong development experience, but will be passionate about emerging technologies, the open source community, and might have even spent some time behind a register.
- Continue to build and scale our existing rails application
- Create new features, and contribute to architecture decisions
- Identify new technologies, and techniques that could improve our product or processes
- Lead code reviews, contribute to team learning, and mentor more junior members of the team
- Experience building and scaling applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong commitment to testing and TDD practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or other technical discipline, and/or strong contributions to the coding community
We like resumes, but links to Githubs, personal projects, your twitter, your blog, your open source contributions, etc will give us a better idea of who you are.
ShopKeep is an Equal Opportunity Employer