We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Shop It To Me
Not the right job?
Ruby Engineer at Shop It To Me in San Francisco, CA
- Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping service and completely changing the way people shop online. We recommend 2+ billion products to our 4+ million avid subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
- Here’s how our current product works: You tell us your preferences like favorite brands (Prada, Nike, 600+ others), your individual sizes and price ranges. We scour the Internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous." by our users.
About the Job:
Write code. Clean, elegant, practical, well-covered code.
Collaborate. Work with other awesome people in an environment where everyone builds upon each others' strengths.
Make a difference. Contribute to a service that helps millions of people get what they want / makes them happy.
- Get stuff done. We are pragmatists focused on business success, not tinkerers focused on technology.
- Be part of something big. Work on cool, new, secret projects that will completely disrupt the way people shop.
- You have experience building, shipping and maintaing applications using Ruby On Rails or a similar dynamic programming language.
- You understand object oriented design and patterns.
- You enjoy working on a small team of intellectually curious and talented engineers who like to get things done.
- You take pride in the quality of your work and the work of your teammates.
- You have a college degree but started coding before college (and maybe even before high school)
- You made rails contributions. You've created a DSL or two. You've used jRuby for something.
- You have experience with our tools: capistrano, GIT, sphinx, god (a monitoring tool, not a deity), chef (www.opscode.com).
- You have a burning desire to build a massively scalable web/email service
- You're into multi-variate testing.
- Relocation bonus potential for candidates who reside outside of SF bay area.
- Competitive salary & options, medical, dental, vision, nice selection of free food & drink.
- The ability to work with a small super-smart team
- Sweet rig of your choosing, phat monitors, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings, brick walls.
- Optional one-on-one basketball arcade tournaments
- Monthly waffle and juice breakfasts
- Millions of adoring fans.
How To Apply:
- Please include a cover letter. Applications without cover letters WILL NOT be considered. We need people who can write code and English. In your cover letter please discuss how you started coding and why this job sounds fun.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa. Oh yeah - and we don't work with *any* third party recruiters.
Position is located in San Francisco, CA