We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Shop It To Me
Not the right job?
Lead UX Designer at Shop It To Me in San Francisco, CA
Title: Lead Graphic/UX Designer
- Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping service. We recommend 2+ billion products to 4+ million active subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
- Here’s how it works: You tell us your favorite brands (Prada, Rebecca Minkoff, 600+ others) and preferences (size, price). Then we scour the internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous."
- We are also in the midst of launching a new product that has the potential to turn eCommerce on its head.
- Everyone loves a sale – join us and help our millions of adoring fans access the products they crave.
About the Job:
We are looking for a head of UX/UI at Shop It To Me --
You’ll work collaboratively with the product, marketing and development teams to create new designs, wireframes and user-paths and help build the most simple, intuitive, personalized shopping experience around. You'll be designing and build out new applications (including web, mobile and tablet apps) as well as elevate our current email product and website.
If you value making products uber-simple, fun, and long-term habit-forming, please talk to us.
As the head of UX, you will be owning the Shop It To Me User Experience which means you will:
- Build out interactive designs so simple and intuitive that Betty White from the Snickers commercials could use it.
- Create the Shop It To Me visual style -- something so sexy that millions of female fashionistas will say “Wow” and with a broad enough appeal that their male friends will be interested as well.
- Create wireframes, photoshop mock-ups and ideally interactive prototypes to really test out.
- Build out and maintain our style guide -- a set of visual components, typefaces, colors that developers can use to maintain a consistent experience when building out new functionality.
- Head up user-experience sessions with both existing and potential Shop It To Me users to better understand what is working and what isn’t. (We currently do these every Wednesday)
- Iterate quickly on new designs and product features, including experiments, newsletters and more.
- Create pixel-perfect designs for our website, emails, and other creative assets
- Raise the bar for the Shop It To Me brand
- You have a background in UX/UI -- you have a portfolio of incredibly useful sites and/or mobile apps in the consumer space that also happen to be beautiful
- You are a Photoshop ninja and have at least a working understanding of XHTML/CSS. You know how to build out PSDs so that they can be used by web and email developers.
- You have an excellent eye for design. You know great web UI when you see it, and can explain why it's great (even if you didn't create it!)
- You are a self-starter- a candidate who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions the first time. You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You are a constant tinkerer. You are always trying to make things better to find even easier, more elegant ways for a user to do what they want to do.
- You understand and love quick iterations. You know that getting things in front of people sooner than later gives more feedback.
- You are collaborative. You like working with other people to help determine the best solution.
- You love A/B-Testing and learning how your hypotheses work in the real world. We are A/B testing fiends here, so expect almost everything you do to be tested :)
- Knowledge of the Shop It To Me brand
- Past experience with work in e-commerce
- Obsessive awareness of current trends in fashion and retail space
- Fluent in Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or whatever you use to create wireframes
- Competitive salary & options, medical, dental, vision.
- A fast/small computer, a big monitor, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings, brick walls in a hip SOMA location.
- Espresso machine, coffee machines, make-your-own-soda machines, fun company events almost weekly (waffle breakfast, company Iron Chef competitions, Beers-of-the-world tour, etc...)
- The unique ability to brag to your friends that your job is to help them score the loot that they want.
How To Apply:
- If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio or examples of your rad digital work.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa.
- Shop It To Me and this position is located in San Francisco, CA.