We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Shop It To Me
Not the right job?
Director of Business Development at Shop It To Me in San Francisco, CA
About Shop It To Me:
- Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping service. We recommend 2+ billion products to 4+ million active subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
- Here’s how it works: You tell us your favorite brands (Prada, Rebecca Minkoff, 600+ others) and preferences (size, price). Then we scour the internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous."
- We are also in the midst of launching a new product that has the potential to turn eCommerce on its head.
- Everyone loves a sale – join us and help our millions of adoring fans access the products they crave.
About The Job:
- Head up all monetization efforts - maximizing our current revenue, identifying new revenue sources in current and future products and executing on them.
- Oversee day-to-day activities of business development, including maintaining existing and acquiring new retailer relationships.
- Manage and train the existing business development team and hire new account managers and sales representatives as needed.
- Negotiate rates and ensure strong relationships are maintained with key retail partners.
- Work with the product team on new product initiatives to help determine the best monetization strategies.
- Identify and close new partnership opportunities with retailers and other partners.
- Develop business development strategy in conjunction with executive team
- 3+ years in eCommerce advertising/marketing space, preferably in a small successful company.
- Deal-driven experience with ecommerce, advertising or other internet-based business models: CPA, CPM, EPC, CPC, standard ad size placements, XML feeds.
- Previous experience increasing monetization in a product-focused company.
- Superlative communication skills and innate empathy - you talk well, but you listen even better. Every time you speak with someone you try to add value and have a bit of fun.
- You care about both the product and revenue – you want to build new products that both enhance revenue and the user experience at the same time.
- You thrive in a loose, fast-paced environment and can effortlessly juggle competing people, projects and priorities.
- You use the Shop It To Me service. We can't imagine you'll do a good job if you don't dig the product. If you aren't already using the service, sign up and try it for a week, then apply.
- You are scrappy and creative.
- MBA or other business graduate degree.
- That BFF quality - you love people and take pride your ability to get along with, build trust and have fun with just about anyone.
- Quantitative acumen: shop it to me is a data-driven recommendation service. A facility for numbers will make this job a lot easier for you, and we'll test your excel kung fu and ability to do math in your head as part of the interview process.
- An unquenchable, innate curiosity. Scrappy. High energy.
- Competitive salary & options, medical, dental, vision.
- A fast/small computer, a big monitor, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings, brick walls in a hip SOMA location.
- Espresso machine, coffee machines, make-your-own-soda machines, fun company events almost weekly (waffle breakfast, company Iron Chef competitions, Beers-of-the-world tour, etc...)
- The unique ability to brag to your friends that your job is to help them score the loot that they want.
How to Apply:
Please include a cover letter. Applications without cover letters WILL NOT be considered. Please:
- Tell us what you like and don't like about the Shop It To Me service.
- Make a few suggestions about how to improve the service.
- Share a few thoughts on how you'd approach growing the business.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa. Oh yeah - and we are not working with third party recruiters for this position.
- Position is located in San Francisco, CA
- A big part of the business development role is cultivating and managing relationships, so you should be pretty good at networking. To be considered for this position, find a friend of yours who knows someone at Shop It To Me and get yourself introduced. No cold calls please!