We're sorry, but this job has been closed. See other open jobs at Shop It To Me
Not the right job?
Account Manager at Shop It To Me in San Francisco, CA
- Shop It To Me is the #1 online personal shopping service. We recommend 2+ billion products to 4+ million active subscribers every month. We are profitable, growing and on our way to completely disrupting the ecommerce industry by making shopping the easiest, most personalized experience you’ve ever seen.
- Here’s how it works: You tell us your favorite brands (Prada, Rebecca Minkoff, 600+ others) and preferences (size, price). Then we scour the internet every day and let you know when things you want go on sale.
- We make money whenever people buy something. Our service has been called "addictive" and "dangerous."
- We are also in the midst of launching a new product that has the potential to turn eCommerce on its head.
- Everyone loves a sale – join us and help our millions of adoring fans access the products they crave.
About The Job:
- We already work with many of the largest eCommerce sites on the internet. Your initial focus will be to assist in managing these relationships and help to make Shop It To Me an increasingly important part of each retailer's marketing and distribution strategy.
- You will collaborate with a small, dedicated, fast moving, entrepreneurial team. We are growing and changing quickly: the sky's the limit and we are looking for someone to apply their creative genius, make an impact and participate in the organization’s success.
- The perfect candidate is phenomenal with people, is a strong written and verbal communicator, has a facility for numbers, is very detail-oriented, and preferably loves shopping.
- Assist in managing existing Shop It To Me accounts including account maintenance, monitoring performance, and running special promotions. Stay up to date on the latest news on your accounts and propose unique solutions when applicable.
- Input retailer promotions and test functionality and validity in test and live environments.
- Help ensure that items from our new retail partners are accurate, exciting and tracking correctly.
- Work with internal teams (product, marketing, engineering) to be the main point of contact/external liaison for retailers.
- Contribute ideas for new features and products and help out with support and social media initiatives.
- 2+ years working in an outward-facing business capacity where you own metrics and project management of key accounts. You may have held one or more of the following job titles: account manager, business development or account representative, online marketing assistant, retail representative, affiliate manager, or advertising account executive.
- You are detail-oriented and like being thorough about completing your tasks.
- Superlative communication skills and innate empathy - you talk well, but you listen even better. Every time you speak with someone you try to add value and have a bit of fun.
- Others describe you as "helpful, warm, sharp, quick, and extroverted."
- You thrive in a loose, fast-paced environment and can effortlessly juggle competing people, projects and priorities.
- You use the Shop It To Me service. We can't imagine you'll do a good job if you don't dig the product. If you aren't already using the service, sign up and try it for a week, then apply.
- Experience with ecommerce, advertising, metrics like CPA, CPM, EPC and product feeds/APIs.
- At least a bachelor's degree. Marketing, advertising, or business preferred but not necessary.
- That BFF quality - you love people and take pride your ability to get along with, build trust and have fun with just about anyone.
- Quantitative acumen: Shop It To Me is a data-driven recommendation service. A facility for numbers will make this job a lot easier for you, and we'll test your excel kung fu and ability to do math in your head as part of the interview process.
- An unquenchable, innate curiosity. Scrappy. High energy.
- Competitive salary & options, medical, dental, vision
- A fast/small computer, a big monitor, Aeron chairs, big windows, high ceilings, brick walls and fun co-workers.
- Make your own coffee, latte and soda machines and, of course, a two-person basketball arcade.
- The unique ability to brag to your friends that your job is to help them score the loot that they want.
How to Apply:
Please include a cover letter. Applications without cover letters WILL NOT be considered. Please:
- Tell us two things you like and don't like about Shop It To Me as well as two ways we can improve the service.
- Share a few thoughts on how you'd approach growing the business.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. We will not sponsor visas, nor will we hire consultants through sub-contractors that hold your visa. Oh yeah - and we don't work with *any* third party recruiters.
Position is located in SOMA San Francisco, CA.