Project-Based World History Curriculum Teacher/Writer at Shmoop in Mountain V...
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented and experienced World History teacher or PhD (students welcome), who can riff on ancient Rome, Shintoism, and the Agricultural Revolution, to join our team as a project-based curriculum writer. You would be writing engaging history content for high-school students studying World History.
- Writing engaging world history lessons—including lectures, activities, and assignments—for online publication
- Creating user-friendly teacher notes and grading rubrics to accompany your lessons
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative history content
- Teaching experience in world history or a PhD in a relevant field of history
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and the ability to express concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- A brainy sense of humor that is adaptable to all subjects under your umbrella ella ella...eh eh eh?
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is project-based, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we think you're a good fit, we will request a topic-specific writing sample and academic transcript.