Project-Based Content Writer - Literature Teacher Guides at Shmoop in Mountai...
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is an educational website offering digital textbooks. We hope to make our subjects -- literature, US history, poetry, civics, biographies, music, economics, pre-algebra, and test prep -- more fun and relevant by coupling current events, pop culture, and a conversational voice with rigorous scholarly analysis. Due to the success of our initial subjects, we are ready and excited to include Teacher Guides for Classic Lit and Young Adult Lit.
- Strong writing, editing, and literary analysis skills.
- Recent or current Ph.D. student with strong academic performance in undergraduate/graduate degree (or equivalent) or MA with high school/middle school teaching experience.
- Experience and comfort with writing for a non-academic audience, and potential/ability to write in a Shmoopy voice - fun, clear, engaging
- Self-starting, flexible, and comfortable working independently
- Passion for, and understanding of, great works of literature (classic and contemporary), as well as communicating that passion to others
- Strong familiarity with high school and college demographic groups, both academic needs and social/cultural interests.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Work from home (or wherever else you choose)
- Flexible, project-based work
Send us your wittiest cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we like what we see, a topic-specific writing sample and unofficial transcripts will be required. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.