Project-Based Content Writer - Dinosaurs at Shmoop in Mountain View, CA
Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart. We are looking for a talented Project-Based Content Writer with a passion for all things prehistoric.
If your ardor for apatosaurs, vigor for velociraptors, or enthusiasm for, uh, enormous ground sloths makes you the most popular party guest in town, we’ve got the job for you. Bonus points if you still have all your dino-related Eyewitness books around. Bonus bonus points if you can tell us what you think about the Primeval Series 4 opener. And if your name is Ross Geller...well, you’re good to go.
Your primary role will be to write about dinosaurs. Need we say more?
- Writing exceptional dinosaur-related content for online publication
- Finding dinosaur-related images that represent your content
- Sketching images that you would like Shmoop to reproduce
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative dino content
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a geoscience, archaeology, paleontology, or a related subject, with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- Familiarity with writing for younger, non-academic audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a brainy sense of humor. Hilarity is non-negotiable.
- Proficiency in your field of expertise, including current research and related topics
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A topic-specific writing sample will be required.