Project-Based Content Writer - Chemistry Curriculum at Shmoop in Mountain Vie...
Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
Due to the mind-blowing success of our literature and history guides, Shmoop is expanding into math and science. To help carry out our (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented Master's and Ph.D.s in chemistry (students welcome) who love to write their socks off.
You are a highly motivated individual who yearns to join our team as a chemistry curriculum writer. You should be passionate about homogenous catalysis, well-informed about current events and pop culture, and interested in cultivating a garden of erudite humor. A fondness for Bill Nye the Science Guy gets you major bonus points.
- Writing exceptional chemistry content for online publication
- Writing multiple-choice and free-response chemistry study questions
- Using the Internet to find science images that represent your content
- Sketching images that you'd like Shmoop to reproduce
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious chemistry content
- B.S. in Chemistry or Master's in Education with a strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in field of expertise
- Experience teaching or tutoring chemistry
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A brainy sense of humor that is adaptable to all subjects under your umbrella ella ella...eh eh eh?
Send us your wittiest cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we like what we see, a writing sample and unofficial transcripts will be required.
This is a part-time, work-from-home position. Writers are paid per completed project.