Project-Based Content Writer - AP Spanish Language & Literature at Shmoop in ...
Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you’re harboring a love for the language of Cervantes or García Márquez, look no further. To help carry out Shmoop’s mostly benign plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented Project-Based Content Writer for our AP Spanish Language and Literature guides.
- Writing exceptional Spanish language and literature exams and drills for online publication
- Excellent writing, speaking, and editing skills in both English and Spanish. Recent or current PhD students preferred with strong academic performance in undergraduate/graduate degree (or equivalent); all majors welcome
- Experience teaching or tutoring students
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a brainy sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A topic-specific writing sample and unofficial transcripts will be required.