Languages Editor at Shmoop in Mountain View, CA
Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Obsess over grammar. Debate passionately. And, of course, consume your weight in Peanut Butter M&Ms.
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you’re harboring a secret love for the subjunctive en español, accent graves (accents grave?), or Japanese curry bread, look no further. Due to the mind-blowing success of our test prep products, Shmoop is expanding into foreign language learning guides. To help carry out our mostly benign plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented recent graduate who wants to gain experience in the e-learning industry.
Your primary role will be to edit and produce foreign language content for Shmoop.
- Editing, revising, and producing foreign language content for online publication
- Collaborating and communicating with team members in all departments
- Meeting multiple tight deadlines
- Recent graduate with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Proficiency in two or more foreign languages (including but not limited to French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean)
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A brainy sense of humor that is adaptable to all subjects under your umbrella ella ella...eh eh eh?
Send us your cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A transcript and a writing sample will be required.
This is a part-time position with potential for full-time work. Our offices are located in Mountain View, California. Local candidates preferred.