Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are - get this - smart and fun. We are on the hunt for a motivated and aggressive Ad Sales Rep who has strong relationships with leading interactive agencies and teen brands.
- Responsible for generating advertising revenues across Shmoop's web and mobile properties
- Have no fear of the cold-call. In fact, look it in the face and laugh in mockery.
- Maintain relationships with existing accounts and explain new advertising opportunities continually offered by Shmoop
- Evaluate specific business categories and marketplace trends in order to identify prospective accounts in Shmoop's demographic
- Target and develop new national accounts from specific categories for our youth-oriented educational company
- Report to CEO
Critical Success Factors in Year 1:
- Build ongoing advertising relationships with brand marketers and media agencies
- Along with management, define Shmoop's set of ad products including integrated sponsorships
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in advertising sales
- Selling to top teen brands and agencies via phone and in-person meetings
- Generated at least 400k in last trailing 12 months where s/he had the material responsibility in developing and closing the opportunities
- Position is based in our Mountain View, CA intergalactic headquarters.