Logistics Analyst with Pick Pack Experience at Shipwire in Mississauga, ON, C...
For the past 5 years, Shipwire has been on a mission to give our customers the shipping muscle of Fortune 500 companies. During that time, we have provisioned warehouses in 3 countries, served businesses with headquarters in over 45 countries, and delighted buyers in more than 180 countries. Backed by commerce and technology giants eBay® and Newell-Rubbermaid®, it is an incredibly exciting time for our organization. We are accelerating the development of our platform’s enterprise features, and reaching deeper into global markets. We at Shipwire draw inspiration from the entrepreneurship of our customers, and take pride in helping our customers contribute directly to the global economy.
The Logistic Analyst role is a unique position for somebody with a warehouse, shipping and logistics background to participate in a software startup.
Shipwire has an opening for an experienced self-starter who is enthusiastic and motivated. This candidate will provide logistics coordination and general office administration support to our growing team of professionals. The position will require the candidate to be involved in all aspects of the operation. This is a great opportunity for someone to grow with the Company and obtain international business exposure.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable balancing a variety of job responsibilities in a fast-paced, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere. The candidate must take initiative and follow-through on assignments. This is an opportunity for a well-organized, detail oriented, effective, assertive, and self-motivated individual, who will learn and take on a variety of job tasks at a high pace.
• Support global logistics and fulfillment operations
• Create, maintain and report on fulfillment centers’ performance metrics
• Schedule and track shipments
• This position will include some domestic and international travel (up to 50%)
• Ability and willingness to work variable hours as required (We are a software/logistics startup. This is a salary position and not hourly.)
• Organize commercial documents
• Communicate with our nation-wide and international network of warehouses
• Communicate with freight forwarders and shipping companies.
• Track inventory across all warehouses in the network
• General office administration
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience (Military procurement or logistics background very relevant)
• Experience and knowledge working with domestic and international small package carriers (FedEx, UPS, USPS, Canada Post, Royal Mail, Deutsche Post), air/ocean freight forwarding companies
• Experience and basic knowledge of US Customs documentation requirements and clearance
• Valid driver’s license
• Excellent PC skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop.
• Articulate in both written and verbal communications of the English language required; Chinese language highly desirable
• Extremely reliable, detailed oriented and personable
• Able to take initiative, prioritize and complete several tasks at the same time
• Motivated, organized and responsive
• Sense of humor!
• Performance will be rewarded
• Compensation will depend on experience
• Medical/dental benefits, vacation and other great motivational “startup” benefits
• Exciting startup environment and great people with whom to work